Employment with Greenway
Career opportunities are available at Greenway Public Transportation.
Applying for a position:
1) applications may be accessed at the Greenway Public Transportation office located at 1515 4th St. SW, Conover, NC 28613 or
2) by calling the Human Resources Manager at 828-465-7646,
3) by contacting the Employment Security Commission office located in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, and Catawba counties.
4) Print and fill out the attached application. Mail the application to P.O. Box 459, Conover, NC 28613 or drop it off at 1515 4th St. SW, Conover, NC 28613.
- Alexander – Part Time 29 hr. - Para Transit Driver - starting pay $10/HR
- Burke – Part time 19hr. - Para Transit Driver - starting pay $10/HR
- Catawba – Part Time 19 hr. Dispatcher - starting pay $10/HR
- Catawba – Part Time 29 hr. Finance Specialist - starting pay $14/HR
- Catawba - Full Time Para Transit Driver - starting pay $10/HR
- Catawba – Full Time Transportation (Mobility) Service Manager - salaried position
- Catawba – (2) 29hr. - Fixed Route Drivers - starting pay $10/HR
- Catawba – 19 hr. - Para Transit Driver - starting pay $10/HR
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Group Health Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- 401(k) and/or North Carolina State Employee’s Retirement
- Holiday Pay
- Uniform (position specific)
- Competitive wages
- Dental Insurance (exclusions apply)
Most positions with WPRTA are classified as safety sensitive and are subject to all FTA requirements for safety sensitive positions including Drug and Alcohol screening and a background check.
Operators are required to have a good driving record, a CDL B with passenger endorsement/airbreaks and valid driver’s license issued by the state of North Carolina.
Applications will be kept on file for a period of not less than six (6) months.
WPRTA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Western Piedmont Regional Transit Authority (WPRTA) is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace that embraces the broad view of diversity. Our mission is to be an inclusive workplace that reflects our community within all levels of the organization. We respect and value individual differences and encourage all employees to reach their maximum potential.
Federal Fiscal Year 2016, 2017, and 2018 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal
Pursuant to Code of Federal Regulations, 49 CFR Part 26, WPRTA announces a proposed overall goal of 1% for the participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) in U.S. Department of Transportation assisted contracts in federal fiscal years 2016, 17, and 18 (October 1, 2016 – September 30, 2018).
WPRTA’s EEO Program please contact the Human Resources Manager at 828-465-7646.
WPRTA's DBE Program, firms interested in becoming certified as a DBE should contact (828) 465-7642. The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) serves as the certifying agency for all DBEs seeking work on WPRTA contracts.
The NCDOT’s Unified Certification Program, (UCP) is a “one-stop shopping” certification procedure that will eliminate the need for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms to obtain certification from multiple agencies within the state. Any potential DBE firm can now apply one time with the NCDOT, and if approved, that certification is shared by all other federal recipients in the state, including WPRTA.
Firms must apply for certification as a DBE to NCDOT by completing the UCP application. Apply for certification as a DBE here. Detailed instructions on how to become certified as a DBE under the UCP are listed on the site.
The NCDOT maintains a unified DBE directory that will contain all firms certified by the UCP, the information required by 49 CFR Part 26.31, and make it available to the public electronically, on the internet as well as in print.
Health Screening and Open Enrollment docs for FT employees
Active Full time employees Personal Health Portal - renew annual Health Screening Health Assessment through October 15th.
FT employees on BCBS Health Insurance Open Enrollment October 1 - 15 click here for link to open enrollment directions. go to shpnc.org to enroll.
*Please note that Portable Document Format (PDF) requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click the link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader.